Digital Skills for the Workplace
A hands-on introduction to digital tools that will give you creative, efficient solutions to traditionally time-consuming tasks, and keep you connected in the new world of digitisation.
Duration: 7 weeks
Fees: $295 incl GST
- Upload, reorganise, store, share and collaborate on brainstorms in the cloud with tools like Post It
- Create virtual experiences for your website, social media channels and marketing with Tour Creator or Tour Builder
- Collaborate with your team in real time on presentations, documents, spreadsheets, and discussions with Slack, Google Docs and Padlet
- Identify potential risks and create processes to protect your customer and business data
- Get creative with your mind-mapping, infographics and diagrams using programmes like Coggle, Mindomo, Pictochart and/or Canva (see you later Powerpoint!)
- Connect and interact with your audiences at events through live audience response tools like Answer Garden or Mentimeter
- Create informative and demonstrative videos with tools like OpenShot or Edpuzzle
- Sign documents digitally to save paper trails with Doc Hub or Docusign
- Create efficient, organised lists and plans with Trello, the mother of all task management tools
Workplaces of today are focused on collaboration, technology adoption and the integration of new digital systems. Make your life easier and stay up to date by becoming familiar/productive with these tools, and many more.
Digital Skills for the Workplace is not a bunch of “how to” steps to follow once you’re back at work – you experience the impact of the tool whilst learning about it.
And, in true Mind Lab fashion, we promise there will be a whole lot of fun thrown in!
WHAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW
Digital skills are not just technological skills
Digital skills are the foundation of the framework that supports and responds to the changes happening in the workplace. There is no doubt that new technical tools are needed to fully embrace progress, but due to the exponential rate of advancement, a complete transformation has replaced slow and steady adaptation. Transformation of business processes and systems requires much more than just tools, it requires changing mindsets to encourage curiosity, and innovation. Success requires preparing for a whole new work environment – a more digital environment.
Digital Skills for the Workplace is a short, sharp and highly focused programme that is approved by NZQA as a micro-credential (another great example of innovative new thinking around qualifications that respond to changing workplace needs and the future of work).
As with all Mind Lab programmes the learning will be highly practical, collaborative and your new skills will be immediately applicable in your workplace. In other words, you will use real-world scenarios and hands-on learning to develop your new knowledge and skills.
Digital Skills for the Workplace is a NZQA approved micro-credential course (Level 7, 15 credits).
$295 incl GST – you literally need to find a reason NOT to do this.
Starts Saturday 15th February, 2020 & Finishes Friday 3rd April
Starts Saturday 2nd May & Finishes Friday 19th June
Starting with one full day workshop on Saturday 15th February, 2020. Followed by two morning workshops on Saturday 22nd and 29th February, 2020. By the time you head into the study week, you will be half-way there. On the Saturday 14th March, 2020, you will move to online sessions run via an online facilitator and self-directed learning. By the time April rolls around you will be a digital skills superstar – ready for all the new decade will bring.
The Mind Lab, 3b Melrose Street, Newmarket, Auckland
Blended learning with face to face classes and online sessions.
21 hours face to face (1 full day plus 3 x 4-hour sessions)
Additional weekly self-directed learning supported by our online platforms (e.g evaluating tools relevant to your work/project, online content, assessment)
Week 1: Saturday 15th Feb (9am – 5pm)
Week 2: Saturday 22nd Feb (10am -2pm)
Week 3: Saturday 29th Feb (10am -2pm)
Week 4: STUDY WEEK (Sat 7th March)
Week 5: Saturday 14th March (online sessions only)
Week 6: Saturday 21st March (online sessions only)
Week 7: Saturday 28th March (10am – 2pm)
Week 1: Saturday 2nd May (9am – 5pm)
Week 2: Saturday 9th May (10am -2pm)
Week 3: Saturday 16th May (10am -2pm)
Week 4: STUDY WEEK (Sat 23rd May)
Week 5: Saturday 30th May (online sessions only)
Week 6: Saturday 6th June (online sessions only)
Week 7: Saturday 13th June (10am – 2pm)