Next intakes: June, August & October 2021
Duration: 7 weeks, part-time
Study mode: Weekly facilitated online sessions and self-directed learning
Location: Wherever you are (delivered entirely online)
$256.52 +GST FULL scholarships currently available for kiwis, to reflect the impact the pandemic has had on all of us
Result: Level 7 NZQA micro-credential
A fun, supportive and highly collaborative online course designed to equip you with 21st century skills in a digital environment.
Weekly classes are run online, facilitated via Zoom and are practical, hands-on sessions with activities, discussions and breakout rooms. You’ll be part of our learner community and across the 7 weeks you’ll complete a real-life project that relates to your small business or workplace. No matter what level you’re at now, this course will help you take your digital knowledge and skills to a whole new level, and be confident in the industries and workplaces of today, and the future.
What you'll walk away with
Awareness of what digital channels, tools and training your workplace needs, and how to set up and run them
The ability to increase productivity and free up time using digital tools designed to create efficiency
Increased adaptiveness and the ability to prepare for change, including being able to bring your work and workplace online
Confidence working with others online in a truly collaborative way
What to expect
This is a part-time NZQA micro-credential, delivered via interactive online classes & self-directed learning. Regardless of where you’re located in Aotearoa, New Zealand – as long as you have a laptop, internet connection & access to Zoom – you can learn with us.
Throughout the 7 weeks all learners will:
- Learn about project management, online security & privacy, data collection, reflective practices & techniques as well as learning the basics of design, screencasting and video editing
- Have the opportunity to attend optional classes focused on finance tools and online shopping
- Complete a project, directly related to your industry, passion or your small business
- Take part in two ‘online classrooms’ each week (via Zoom), including breakout sessions with practical application, not just theory
- Immediately implement your skills and knowledge in your workplace or business
- Become confident in trying new digital tools
- Get support from friendly facilitators, and build a community of like-minded learners
In addition, learners on the ‘Small Business’ intake will:
- Evaluate and determine what digital channels, tools and training your workplace/business needs, and how to set up and confidently use them (for example: websites, social media and Google Analytics)
- Learn about ideation, project planning and user experience
- Learn about what content is and how to create effective online content for your audiences
In addition, learners on the ‘Individuals’ intake will:
- Learn about Digital Sustainability and contemporary workplace practices
- Get insights on pitching and creating effective presentations
- Learn about ideation and project planning
Are you a member of Te Kāhui Whaihanga New Zealand Institute of Architects? Completion of this course results in 60 NZRAB CPD points, split across two of the CPD competencies: 30 Practice Management, 30 Core Professional Development.
How much does it cost?
$256.52 +GST / $295 inc GSTWe’re currently offering FULL scholarships to New Zealanders for this programme, to reflect the impact the pandemic has had on all of us.
What is the difference between 'Small Business' and 'For individuals'
There are 2 types of intake to choose from – ‘Small Business‘ and ‘For individuals‘, here’s a breakdown on the key differences.